The value of human voice remains significant despite rapidly arising digital world. Human voice remains the most effective tool for spreading a message. Being a voice actor is considerably different, nevertheless, many actors whose first goal was to be on stage or in front of a camera, they too choose to pursue a career in voice over.
Everybody starts somewhere and the best way to begin your career with when exploring your voice acting abilities and discovering more about your unique voiceprint is from knowing about the voice acting and why you are interested in voice acting because to proceed with something as a career one should be sure about their own desires. As a as Freelance Voiceover Artist one is responsible for providing narration and dialog for everything from television commercials to customer service telephone lines.
They should be able to reach audiences as small as one or two people and as large as hundreds of millions of viewers. Nearly every industry is represented in this field, with many voice artists choosing to focus on one or two specific fields. All you need is a good business ethic, a drive for success and some quality resource to teach the pro’s and con’s of voice acting. To be an inspiring actor, one needs to have a closer look on some of the basic needs for pursuing good voice acting career. Some are stated below:
- Taking voice over classes: Voiceover training are widely available in major cities for the ones struggling for voice trainings. If not able to join those classes one can opt for online trainings too. Needless to say, if being a voice actor is your long-term career goal, continue improving yourself and your voice in any way possible. Inclusive of these classes, you can take general voice lessons where you’ll be taught proper breathing, warm-ups, voice control, elocution and tons of other methods that will improve your voice over skills.
- Taking acting classes: One should definitely go for regular acting classes. You will be able to gain access over many great skills like acting skills, speaking skills which are among the essential needs for voice acting career. Another interesting fact about acting classes is that it prepares you for how to get into the character, become present, breakdown analyze scripts and ultimately sell yourself as a character. All of these techniques from regular acting classes can be applied to your voice over work.
- Joining voice over community: Being a voice actor can get lonesome, since you’ll do a lot of the work by yourself, either at your home studio, or at casting directors’ studios, or on the job. Becoming a part of a community of people who share the same goals can keep you grounded and focused.
- Personal branding: Marketing is the key to a successful business so that you are never out of work. You need to think of your voice is your business. Personal branding can be difficult but it’s definitely worth it. You can market yourself in many different ways but the best way is to build a website that will help to promote you and your work. Write about yourself, show off your portfolio, anything that helps to promote your business is what you need here.
- Perfect quality recordings: High quality recording are a must in this industry and this is where you can stand out from the others and become successful. If you are able to you should invest in a professional studio demo rather than paid for recording apps, agents and directors will be able to tell the difference.
- Health Care: When just starting out, you’ll spend many hours pounding the pavement and looking for work, auditioning, making connections, creating new material and so on. You need to stay in good shape, stay hydrated and on your toes. Never underestimate the power of your mind, too. Voice acting is by no means easy. There are emotions that you need to deliver without “cheating” with body language, so you need stay connected to your body and mind to deliver what casting directors want to hear.
Well as you can see becoming a voice over actor is a great career and if you dream of becoming one then just go for it, it’s fun, exciting, and the rewards are great. Becoming a voice over takes time, there’s no doubt about it, though your voice may be amazing it doesn’t mean you can be a voice over actor. You will need discipline, skills, the right attitude, and a lot of ambition to be renowned in this field.
For any training or expert suggestions on voiceover or one to one voiceover training in Pune feel free to contact Prateek Sharma with 10 years of rich experience in running radio shows, public speaking and theatre.